How To Reinstate a Suspended Illinois License
Do you need to reinstate your suspended Illinois drivers license? The reinstatement process doesn't have to be complicated, but make sure you do it in a timely manner.
Driving with a suspended Illinois drivers license is a serious offense with serious consequences. A suspended license can even result in jail time if not reinstated. We've collected helpful information to assist you with everything you need to reinstate your Illinois license. Select from the options below to get started.
2: By mail, if eligible (read below for instructions)
3: Via a local Vehicle Services Dept.
Your license may be suspended for a variety of reasons. Some situations are clear, while others are subtle, with some drivers unaware that their license is suspended at all. In this guide, you'll find information on the steps necessary to reinstate your Illinois driver's license no matter what your violation was.
If you drive with a suspended or revoked license, you may be charged with a petty offense, a Class A misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the circumstances of your charge. Your charge may be more serious if you have previous convictions for driving after suspension or revocation, or if your license was suspended or revoked for certain reasons.
Reinstating Your License
After your suspension period ends you are entitled to reinstate your license. To apply for reinstatement, visit your local driver license office and pay the reinstatement fee. A list of driver license offices is available at http://www.ilsos.gov/facilityfinder/facility.
Reinstatement fees vary depending on the offense committed:
- DUI offenses
- First suspension: $250
- Second or subsequent suspension: $500
- First revocation: $500
- Second or subsequent revocation: $500
- Any other revocation: $500
- First Statutory Summary Suspension: $250
- Second or subsequent Statutory Summary Suspension: $500
- Discretionary suspension: $70
- Failure to Appear suspension: $70
- Family Responsibility suspension: $70
- Other suspension (except Statutory Summary Suspension): $70
- Parking suspension: $70
- Safety Responsibility suspension (uninsured crash): $70
- Tollway suspension: $70
- Unsatisfied Judgment suspension: $70
- Zero Tolerance suspension: $70